This turned out to be my last finish for 2015. And it is one of, if not my oldest, UFOs so that makes it a great finish! The first series of pictures were taken before washing. I used Glide thread for the quilting and two layers of batting, one 100% cotton (off brand from JoAnn’s) and one layer of Pellon low loft poly. Here is a look at the back. I used an ancient piece of pink calico from the late 80s-early 90s.
I made a template out of paper for the feather spines and the feathers themselves were quilted freehand.
The rest of these pictures show the quilt after washing. You can really see the difference from the picture above to the one just below.
I am not happy with the feather wreathes in the centers, but they don’t show up much anyway.
I also seem to have a really hard time quilting a piano key border and keeping it even! Again, it doesn’t show enough to bother me too badly here.
I am not sure where this one will end up. I may just hang it over my bed.