Dear Jane….

I’m sorry to tell you this, but we are over. I have tried to make you twice but cannot bring myself to complete you. The first time, I got tired of your myriad of blocks with tiny pieces and invented some of my own. It worked well for me and I even won a ribbon at a local show.

I came across your book again a few years later.

And I tried again. I made 47 blocks and put  you into time out.

Last summer, I found a new sampler love that only required 40 blocks. I could make a slightly bigger quilt if I made only 3 more blocks. Maybe this one?

Or this one?

Or maybe I will make my own again! I have pieces cut for the alternate blocks.

I’m moving on without you. Brenda can have you, along with all of those crazy Janiacs. This quilt will have a new name, perhaps Jan…….

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

9 Responses to Dear Jane….

1. Barb Vedder says:

I’m with you. Never have, never will.

I love it! I’m with you, start a Jane quilt about 2 years ago, bought everything, made a few blocks and said no way. I like the quilt you show. Hugs,

3. Carol Woosley says:

Be thankful that, unlike Jane, your life is too full to complete her quilt. One of my goals for the New Year is to hand applique a “Little Baskets” quilt in 30’s fabrics. Thanks for your inspiration! Keep on quiltin’
    BeesKneesGranny cwoosley12@yahoo.com

4. Carol Woosley says:

Oops! Those appliquéd “Little Baskets” were a forever project of another “Janiac”, Rebecca at “Quilting Everyday”.

5. hronbp1 says:

So very well written. I even had to read your “Dear Jane” letter to my husband…we both chuckled.

6. Iris Grayson, Sydney, Australia says:

Katy, I am with you – I started and had fun for a little while and then started doing my own blocks. No way was I going to even tackle the ‘triangle’ edge blocks, but after about 2 years I did have my own ‘Dear Iris’ quilt which I called ‘From little pieces a big quilt grows’. Thank you for sharing.

7. Janet O. says:

Love it–I bought the book early on and have yet to make a single block. I finally admitted to myself this year that I will never make this quilt. At least you have dabbled in it. : )

8. Cécile says:

Lovely and touching post Katy…. I started it as many quilters, a few years ago with 3 others friends.
    We swapped the blocks but 2 of them gave up….I never finished it ! 😦
    Maybe one day!
    Yours is soooo amazing !

9. PattiP says:

It’s enticing but I won’t touch it either. Should be a Yahoo or Facebook exchange or auction orphan blocks of DJ