Design Wall Monday ~ Noteworthy

Way back when hubby and I visited Paducah, I bought this FQ bundle of Noteworthy by Sweetwater.

20130922-082717.jpg

I used some of it to make this throw quilt for a friend.20140116-184616.jpg

And I used some of it to make this throw quilt that I ended up selling recently.20140409-222257.jpg

I still had some left and decided to use it up in quilts for baby girls. So I cut up these to make a quilt similar to the baby boy quilt I finished in November.

I may or may not stick to that plan.

I also cut pieces for a second baby quilt.

It will end up looking something like this.

In the box with the leftovers, I found these four blocks. I started thinking I might be able to use these in a baby quilt as well. They finish at only 9 inches square so I will need to add something to them. Maybe lots of negative space to the top and left and a little bit to the right and bottom like I did with this star quilt in this post.

Or maybe a line of them with lots of space for quilting around them like I did on the flying geese quilt in the post mentioned above.

Hmmm….  I really want to use these and I think I can make them work. After that, I am left with only very small scraps that I can put in my scrap bucket.

It is very satisfying to use all of a fat quarter bundle!

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Cooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Design Wall Monday, Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Design Wall Monday ~ Noteworthy

1. Pingback: UFO Giveaway | KatyQuilts

2. Kristin says:

Did you follow a pattern for that plus quilt? I love it!!

3. Wow! You are getting a lot of use out of that FQ bundle! The colors are fantastic and I really like the quilts you’ve made. I don’t think I’ve seen these prints before and I love them. The quilts have such a calm feeling to them – just beautiful. Thanks for linking to MCM Katy!

4. Rochelle says:

Beautiful quilts. Because of the soft colors, they are so restful. I also like all of the ideas you put forth for those 4 extra blocks, especially the last one. Will enjoy seeing what you do. You are so productive.

5. Bonnie in Va says:

You are my hero! Way to use that fat quarter bundle up. I particularly like the throw quilt with the random stars in it. The quilting adds another whole dimension to it. Lots of texture.

6. Marti says:

You got a lot out of that fat quarter bundle. I love the top quilt. What a lucky friend you have!

7. Cécile says:

What a great work Katy ! I especially love the first quilt ! Well no, I love all of them !
    I ‘m sure you are going to find how to use the four blocks left !!

8. Val says:

You sure got a lot of mileage out of that fat quarter bundle. Maybe it will inspire those who have a FQ bundle in the sewing room to pull off that ribbon and get busy.

9. Deb says:

Wow you did great with your FQ and using every bit up. Love your quilting ideas as well with the one of the floating stars. Great work