WIP Wednesday

I’ve felt a bit restless this week and seem to move from project to project without focusing on any one thing for long. This morning I started cutting for a new project. Like I needed something else to distract me!

These are cut 3.5 by 6.5 inches. I will be needing a few baby quilts for gifts soon and these fabrics should work well for a boy quilt. Not sure how I will set them yet.

Either way, this will be a quick, mindless bit of fun to put together.

I purchased some cheap stockings to embroider with the new babies’ names to add to the mantle.

I couldn’t find the felt ones I’ve used in the past. I’m not thrilled with how the embroidery on fur turned out. But a bit of trimming seemed to help.

Have you jumped on the adult coloring book craze? My hubby bought me a couple of the books and I did this one with fine line Sharpie markers the other day.

The markers bled through and I think I like the back as much as the front!

I’ve also been making a bunch of calzones for the freezer. I know, me cooking. Crazy! But they are nice to have on hand for a quick meal or to take to a family going through stuff. And so many people that I know are right now.

Today I will be receiving 10 more Quilt of Valor tops to quilt.

I should start thinking about Thanksgiving preparations.

And about those curtains….

Linking up with Freshly Pieced, Sew Fresh Quilts

10 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Maybe it’s something in the air – I’m having a hard time focusing too. The brick baby quilt will be cute no matter the layout. I’ve resisted the coloring books, but I see such great pieces and yours is fabulous! Frame it & hang it – instant art! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. It’s always fun to start a new project…while there are many more waiting to be finished. LOL Love your colouring. I haven’t picked up a book yet, but I think I need to.

3. Trish says:

I think I like the zigzag approach to the rectangles! You could even cut the pieces up one more time for even more piecing options (kind of like the disappearing nine patch approach). And yum–wish I had some calzones in my freezer! I have a baby coming in six weeks and that would be perfect for quick dinners. ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. I have been thinking about my curtains for about a year and a half now! Enjoy your new project.

5. Kathy says:

I thought it was just me, being unable to focus. I am having a hard time just sitting and quilting or piecing blocks on my Martha Washington’s Flower Garde, a couple of projects that I usually find myself lost in. I haven’t had a calzone in a long, long time but I’m sure hungry for one now! Yum!

I, too, am having a hard time focusing on anything. My mind is spinning…especially after the tragedy in France. I love the embroidery on the Christmas stockings, Katy! I can just imagine them all lining up on your mantle as more and more babies join your family. ๐Ÿ™‚ Your coloring page is spectacular! Did you start from the center out? You have such an eye for color (and a steady hand). And to think that you’re getting 10 more QoV TOPS to quilt??? Oh, my!

7. GigTog says:

So many lovely photos Katy! You’ve inspired me! And yes, I just bought four new coloring books lol! Enjoy!
    ~Dori

8. Lynn White says:

Lovely fabrics for the new project. I’ve found my ‘list’ helps me work just a little on one and then move to something else. The tricky part is still not getting bored with the list and wanting to start something new! Gorgeous stocking too.

9. JanineMarie says:

Oh, hey, at least you’re productive when you’re restless, Katy! I went through a similar bout of restlessness during the weeks before my grandson was born–I called it gramma nesting. (As good of an excuse as any, right?) I really like how your furry stocking came out. And your coloring is fantastic. I keep admiring those books when I standing in the checkout lane, but haven’t bought yet. I need to,. I have a bad habit of doodling on anything I can get my hands on when I’m talking with my Dad (or anyone really, but my conversations with my dad are lengthy) on the phone. Coloring would be a fun substitute.

10. Carol Woosley says:

I’ve heard that it helps to use a piece of Solvy on top when embroidering on terry or fur. Yours looks good to me, ‘tho.
    Keep on quiltin’