Finish It Up Friday ~ The Lattice Quilt

I’m so happy to have this one finished! I do love  scrappy quilts!

You may remember that I started this one back in July when I was cleaning up my Denyse Schmidt scraps.

IMG_3649
I wanted to custom quilt this one but I didn’t want something as labor intensive as the Little Sister quilt. Some easy feathers in the white space seemed to fit the bill.

Looking at these pictures in the sunshine, I can see that I used more than one brand of white fabric in the white triangles. That happens when you use scraps. I quilted the ribbon candy design in the scrappy areas. Good thing these are busy bits because I clearly need a lot of practice with this design.  This was my first time using it.

I went with a solid white backing.

Looks like some of those flower petals got a bit squished too!

I used Glide thread and Pellon Legacy 80/20 batting. These pictures were taken before washing. I will post comparison pictures at a later date. I don’t feel like washing this one just yet.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictRichard and Tanya QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsLizzie Lenard Vintage SewingQuilt Shop GalSew Can She

This entry was posted in Finishes, Scraps. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ The Lattice Quilt

1. Hello Katy,

Such a gorgeous quilt! Scrappy quilts are such fun, and I like the different shades of white, it’s all part of the scrappiness.

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

Love, Muv

2. Beautiful…..nothing like feathers to finish off a quilt!

3. Andree says:

I love your quilting. The white backing really highlights the FMQ, and after a whole quilt, those ribbon candy designs probably got better!

4. Judy says:

I like how the red and blue squares pop with the scraps. I keep my white scraps in ziploc bags with which one they are so I can see if I have enough for a project. Love your fabric.

5. sandi says:

Beautiful quilt and quilting! Hugs,

6. One again, great quilting. This is a great finish!

7. Rochelle says:

Very nice. I love all the feathers, the ribbon candy and the little flowers in the corners. Will you keep this or pass it on to a friend.

8. Kathy says:

What a fabulous quilt … it turned out wonderfully! Had you not mentioned any of your “flaws”, I doubt I would have even noticed. And I’m sure they’re not noticeable, even if looking for them, when viewing the quilt as a whole. I have to remind myself of that often … I think we quilters are our own worst critics.

9. Kat says:

Great scrappy quilt design, and gorgeous quilting!

10. The quilt and the quilting look really lovely. I’m enjoying watching you experimenting with quilt designs – you are providing good inspiration, thank you! I think it was last week that you asked about wadding/batting preferences? I received a queen size pack of Hobbs Polydown wadding this week and feel a bit disappointed with it as the thickness varies across the width creating some ridges that don’t flatten out. I’ve used it to make a couple of quilt sandwiches today and hope the quilting will make it feel more even. Have you ever had wadding like this?

11. Tish says:

You did a beautiful job. Your quilting always looks so nice. And I love all of the feathers 🙂

12. I love this quilt! And your quilting is perfect. Wonderful job!

13. Cécile says:

You’re very talented with a quilting machine in your hands !! Great job Katy !

14. JanineMarie says:

We are always our own worst critics when we look at the details. (I have trouble photographing sections of my quilts for this reason). But it always looks wonderful all together. I think you did a fabulous job. The variation in the whites is just right for this quilt, too.

The quilting is just AWESOME!! Great job, Katy!

16. Kathy D says:

I don’t see any of the flaws you pointed out…just a beautiful, beautiful quilt.

17. Val says:

Beautiful! I love feathers designs, and yours look like the perfect choice for this quilt.