Design Wall Monday

We leave the end of this week to go to Arizona. I can’t wait to finally meet our newest grandson! I already have his quilt done, but I came across these left overs from a quilt I had made for his momma and daddy. I decided this would make a nice little quilt for him to use as well since he will be staying in their room for a little while. FullSizeRender (12)

I plan to use some minky or something like that on the back to make it nice and soft. He doesn’t need the warmth in Arizona but it will be a good pad for diaper changes and the like. I had some scraps from the pieced backing and decided to cut it up for a scrappy binding.

FullSizeRender

This should be a fun, quick project. After that I should think about packing!

Linking up with Patchwork Times.

8 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. What a great idea. Love the colours. Enjoy your vacation.

2. Kathy says:

What a wonderful idea to make a quilt for while he’s in mama and daddy’s room. That gray … is it a solid? I’ll bet you are chomping at the bit to head out to Arizona!

3. Helen says:

I’ve used some of those fabrics in a quilt! It’s great to see them being used is a very different way to the way I did. The grey looks amazing with them. Have fun with your new grandson.

4. Ramona says:

Safe travels and enjoy your time with your family. This is going to be one adorable quilt!

5. Have a great trip Katie!!!

6. Judy D in WA says:

What a cute little quilt this will be! I hope this week flies by for you. Have a wonderful time snuggling with your new baby.

7. Gina says:

Great idea. Enjoy your time with your new grandson

8. Terri says:

Love it and I’m sure your grandson will love it too.