WIP Wednesday

Thank you to everyone for all your sweet comments on the birth of Lincoln. He has captured my heart already!

I got all the chain blocks together.

2015/06/img_2402.jpg
And then I noticed this:

2015/06/img_2403.jpg
Ugh! Trying to decide if I want to rip out an 80 inch seam to fix this. Then I need to cut and add some narrow borders. This is for a twin bed. I have enough blocks to make it bigger and I really want to. But it is for a twin bed so that’s silly. I can use the leftovers for a nice baby quilt.

I would love to get this top done and in the frame by the weekend.

And here is another baby pic. Just because!

2015/06/img_2399.jpg
Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts.

21 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Vicki in MN says:

You are talking about the 2 green sqs. of the same print? I have 2 thoughts on it, leave it as when it is all quilted and on a bed it won’t be noticed. The other is you wouldn’t have to rip a long seam, just rip enough in that area to get in to replace that square.

2. Kathy says:

You know, more than likely only you will ever notice those two green squares together. But I have to admit that I think I’d probably end up ripping and replacing, although I’d try to talk myself out of it. So I can relate to your dilemma.

3. Judy says:

I had to read Vicki’s comment to see what you were talking about. . . and then I went up and looked at the picture of the entire quilt – it took me a LONG time to find those two pieces of fabric! I agree with Vicki, it won’t be noticed but if you can’t live with it, just rip far enough to replace that block.

4. Val says:

I think I could live with it. That said, I have ripped out just enough to replace the offending block on a wall quilt.

5. Carole says:

I think when it is finished it won’t be noticeable, but if it bugs you then you will see it. Just take out the square if you can’t stand it.

6. Shirley Schepers says:

I vote to leave it . It is barely noticeable.

7. Donna says:

Leave it, it looks adorable. Those two pieces of fabric were destined to be together. πŸ˜€

8. Allison says:

I really like this quilt! I love your fabric choices. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt this. I’m sure it will be a much welcomed gift. Hmmm, I’m not really sure if I would take out 80 inches or not… I’ve heard that a not so perfect quilt is a sign that it’s actually handmade.

9. Leave them be…If anyone asks about them, just say that they are quilting sisters and wanted to be stitched together!

10. Forgot to say…Gorgeous quilt and beautiful baby!!

I would leave it and consider it your humility block. It took me forever to realize what you saw even looking right at the picture. Enjoy your day. Hugs, ps. I love Lincoln’s name.

12. Humility block…Or quilt it densely with thread color that will change the color of the block slightly…Or it could be the perfect place for a bit of applique? I do not generally believe in ripping things out if I can help it πŸ™‚ Lovely quilt no matter what you decide to do, and such a sweet baby.

13. kthurn says:

Seems like there is a “mistake” in every quilt I’ve ever made. So if this is the worse mistake in your quilt, I wouldn’t worry about it. Try as I might, my giraffe quilt (you can see it here https://www.flickr.com/photos/127685344@N05/18353770084/in/dateposted-public/
    ended up with the same problem-two squares of the same color next to each other. It doesn’t bother me. I think adding extra quilting over that area would just draw more attention to it. Don’t tell or show and no one will notice. Those that think or say they can do better probably don’t sew.

14. kthurn says:

BTW: I really like your scrappy Irish Chain and your corners match up very well.

15. CΓ©cile says:

Congratulations Katy (and the parents !) !
    I didn’t see your post yesterday…..this little boy is soooo sweet and adorable !
    Your quilt is beautiful like this….don’t worry !

16. Patti P says:

I wouldn’t have seen it if you didn’t show it. Remember the saying “it’s not a mistake if you can’t see it riding a galloping horse.” Not worth the time

17. Leave the two together — it’s a design choice (not an error) LOL

As others have said, I wouldn’t have noticed it (at all) if you hadn’t brought it to our attention. I sure hope you don’t have to un-stitch too much to fix it to your liking.

Ohhhh, that baby is soooo adorable! I can almost feel the downy softness of his little cheek.

19. Patty M says:

It took me forever to find the problem too and that was just in the little space. I would leave it if it were me.

20. Teresa Moore says:

He is adorable. Congratulations.

21. Diane says:

No ripping! By the time it is quilted, it will just be interesting.