This and That Tuesday

I didn’t get much sewing done yesterday. But I did get my laundry done, so there is that. My biggest accomplishment was getting the borders on the log cabin quilt.

This seemed to be the favorite combo. The red is a touch brighter than I wanted but it was the best I had and I didnt want to buy anything. Now I have to decide how to quilt it. That may take a while.

I also started piecing some hour glass blocks that I cut out a while back. Remember these?

They are turning into these.

I have the hand sewing on the binding of the secret quilt almost done but I will hold off showing that until it is gifted a few weeks from now.

In other news, Mr. E had a big birthday party on Sunday. I can’t believe he is a year old already!

And in about two weeks, Mr. L will be officially a big brother!

I’m looking forward to a trip to Arizona in July to meet our third grandson. We are anxiously awaiting news of his birth! We are so blessed with these little guys!

Have a great Tuesday!

8 Responses to This and That Tuesday

That was my favorite border combo too! It looks great. Hugs,

2. I like the border choices. Happy Birthday E! And congratulations on the third grandson.

3. sue says:

what is the name of the pattern in your Instagram photo on the sidebar? I love it

Great choice(s) for the border, Katy. You all must be so excited about the pending delivery of grandson #3. Those little guys will grow up to be best friends.

5. Cécile says:

OMG !! He surely loves pasta !!! hi ! hi ! 🙂
    Happy Birthday to your GS !! You have a beautiful family…….Enjoy !

6. Your cut pieces always look so neat and organized! Congrats on the new grandson – your family looks so fun to be around!

7. Kathy says:

Another grandson coming — how exciting! Good choices on the border fabrics … that red might be a little brighter than you’d like, but because it’s a narrow border, I think it’ll be ok.

8. Patti P says:

I like your border. Wow what a cake!