Design Wall Monday

Thanks to all for your congratulations on our next grand baby! We are quite excited. I am feeling much better and have lots of sewing planned for this week.

I finished sewing the 16 patches from the Amy Butler jelly roll this weekend. I have 80 8 inch blocks with not a scrap left over! Now I am trying to decide how to set them. I quite like them all together like this:

But if I set them with sashing, I could make this big enough for the guest room bed:

I wouldn’t use these green squares for cornerstones but they were cut the right size and handy to throw up on the design wall.

I just love a big box full of blocks!

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

8 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. I like the first layout, edge to edge. I would put a 3″ white border around it and then an 8-10″ wild print border, maybe one of the prints in the quilt.

2. Bonnie in Va says:

Decisions, decisions. Either way it will be a wonderful quilt. Have you thought of alternate ways to add to the size of the quilt? If you have any squares of the fabrics left you could do border of colored sq, white sq, colored sq and set it between two white borders… just saying! Of course, your sashing would actually make it much bigger than three borders.. or so I guess.

3. Ramona says:

I like all of the blocks together, too. The colors are great! So fresh and cheerful.

4. You are so speedy – even when you are sick! I like all of the blocks together too – perhaps you could make it fit the guest bed by adding borders. Or making squares with 4 blocks and then sashing those. I am sure you have a ton of ideas and you sure do have the experience to decide what you like best. Glad you are feeling better.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

5. Julie in GA says:

I prefer the blocks together without sashing. Such a pretty wash of prints.

6. Terri says:

You have given me an idea what to make with charm packs that I won in a contest a year or so ago and never quite knew what to do with them. Never thought of making sixteen patch blocks out of them 🙂

7. Kathy says:

I am going chime in and agree with the others – keep the blocks together but add borders to increase the size. There are so many possibilities with borders. But having said that, I’m confident that whatever you decide to do will produce a fabulous quilt – as always!

8. Kate says:

Either way, the blocks will shine. Bold, bright and beautiful blocks!