My Quilt Ladder

I spent time arranging my oldest quilts on my ladder yesterday. Our foyer is two stories tall and has the stairway in it. I was able to tilt the ten foot ladder towards the first landing to place the quilts in the top rungs. It is difficult to get good pictures in this tight space but here goes.

I covered each rung with old cotton dish towels so the quilts would not be in direct contact with the wood. It took longer than I thought to arrange and fold to size each quilt but I am so pleased with how it turned out!

Linking up with Free Motion by the River.

This entry was posted in Antiques, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My Quilt Ladder

1. What an amazing display! Congrats!!!!!!!

2. Judy D in WA says:

Oh Katy, it looks fabulous! Your old quilts on a perfect quilt rack!

3. Lea Anne says:

What a gorgeous display! Is it attached to the wall or freestanding?

4. Wonderful display….and great photos. I love this!

5. Kathy says:

Wow, that is a gorgeous display of quilts … well worth the time it took to get it put together. Love it.

6. Bev Parrish - Goodyear, AZ says:

What a great idea for displaying your talent. They are simply beautiful.

It looks wonderful!! Your quilts are beautiful to see. Hugs,

8. Jeanne says:

What a great find, Katy! Your quilts look wonderful displayed on the ladder.

9. Myra says:

It is beautiful and fits your space perfectly!

10. Peggy says:

You must be so proud each time you come down the stairs and see this! Wonderful display!

11. Janet O. says:

Absolutely love it!

12. Wow your display is wonderful – your photographs are great too and give such a good view of them from all angles – I know it is frowned upon to be jealous but I am – in a friendly quilty way. ha ha
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

13. I want your ladder (and the quilts) on display at my house!!!! LOL… Seriously. They are gorgeous. Love what you’ve done!

14. Anja says:

It looks awesome!! Great find.

15. That’s a beautiful display of beautiful quilts! I love the effect. Have you made all of those quilts?

16. Lois says:

Oh, Katy! This is such a WONDERFUL display! Truly beautiful.

17. Nancy says:

Really nice display for your beautiful quilts.