Tuesday

I never seem to get as much done as I would like on my Mondays off from the day job. I did finish quilting and the machine sewing of the binding on the city sampler. And hubby has clean clothes.

I should get the hand sewing done this week. I also got a QOV loaded on the frame.

This scrappy stars top was made by Joan. She is a master at using scraps. She takes bits that I would pass up and turns them into something stunning!

I want to have eyes that see like Joan does.  Not just for fabric, but for people. To see potential where others just see problems. After all, this is how my Heavenly Father sees me. I have a job that allows me to meet people from all different walks of life every day. I confess that too often, I see problems rather than potential. My prayer this week is that God will help me to see people like Joan sees scraps.

Linking up with Free Motion by the River.

8 Responses to Tuesday

1. That’s a great attitude to pray for! The verse I shared with my friends at toddler group this morning was Paul’s advice to the Galatians, “Live freely, animated and motivated by God’s Spirit. Then you won’t feed the compulsions of selfishness”.

2. Louise says:

Anxious to see your finished quilt. Thank you for the wise words to live by!

3. Lois says:

I couldn’t agree more, Katy. God bless you – today and every day.

4. Janice B says:

Very well said. I am a teacher and sometimes have the same problem. Thanks for the reminder!

5. Terri says:

Amen Katy

6. I feel the same way about my SUndays….husband works…but I find myself enjoying the freedome of puttering. LOL! I’m always reminding myself to give everyone the benefit of the doubt….it’s good to be humble and remember to be graceful.

7. JanineMarie says:

Thank you for the analogy and the reminder. It’s so easy to see problems, isn’t it? Your City Sampler (what I can see of it) looks great. Can’t wait to see the whole quilt.

8. Patti P says:

Katy, I accidently found your blog today because I follow Free Motion By The River. looks like a very nice blog. I agree with your comment on Joan. The lady’s got chops!