Work in Progress Wednesday

I made 12 more blocks for my City Sampler quilt. Here are a few.

I decided I should lay them out in color families to make sure I am keeping things balanced.

Apparently, I am partial to green!  I am rather liking this layout as well.

I pieced the top for my SQT challenge quilt also.

I hope to get this quilted and the machine stitching for the binding done today.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Sew  Fresh Quilt’s for Let’sBee Sewcial.

17 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday

1. Mari says:

I’ve made the Tula blocks, too. They look fantastic in solids! Very vibrant!

2. Lu Ann says:

You and I must be on the same wave length. LOL! I have started my SQT quilt, too and was thinking of using the same color half square triangles. I may have to switch it up so I won’t be a copy cat. LOL! Love your City Sampler quilt. I normally sew with reproduction fabrics but I am really starting to love the solids that are out there.

3. I like the ‘rainbow’ layout of the city blocks. what is the name of the block you’ve used for the SQT challenge? And, excuse my ignorance, what is a/the SQT challenge?

4. Cécile says:

Mmmm ..I love this cheddar !

5. Lauren aka Giddy99 says:

Love the rainbow!

6. farmhousequilter says:

Your solid quilt is going to be fantastic when done…I am inspired.

7. Anne Beier says:

I like the layout and color scheme. The solids bring a new perspective to this pattern. Very cool.

8. magistra13 says:

Your City Sampler quilt is looking amazing!

9. JanineMarie says:

I like your color family layout–and I like the unevenness of the rows. If you get tired of doing all the blocks (not that you will, I’m sure), this would be a neat format, with the uneven negative space at the bottom. I also like the contrast between your modern looking quilt blocks and your antique-looking fabrics/quilt.

10. molly brown says:

very nice! i like your sampler blocks and rainbow/monochromatic color choices!

11. I love seeing these laid out in color families! Beautiful blocks!

12. springleafstudios says:

Your City Sampler quilt will be so colorful and fun.

13. Anja says:

Great City Sampler blocks! Can’t wait to see how they progress.

14. I’m really diggin’ on those colors – love the layout and how you are using the darks vs. lights – looks fantastic.

15. Jane says:

I love what you’re doing with the City Sampler. Seeing everyone’s different versions of it is such fun, and yours is the first I’ve seen using solids like this. I can’t wait to see how it comes out!

16. Terri says: