April is finally here! Do I dare believe the snow is past? We woke up yesterday morning to several inches of new white stuff. Thankfully, it warmed up and melted by late afternoon. Time again to review my goals since you all know how much I like checking things of my list!
1. Goose in the Pond swap blocks have to be at the top of the list. DONE! They took a long time. I will pick up the swapped blocks at the next guild meeting.
2. Finish quilting the Carpenters Star quilt. DONE! And on my bed!
3. 12 more Sawtooth Star blocks. Not done. I actually only finished one block!
4. SQT challenge. – Not done. Not even started.
So what else did I do this month?
I started and finished the Fiesta quilt for my daughter. It is one of my favorite quilts ever!
I quilted 7 Quilts of Valor and 3 Comfort Quilts for our local women’s shelter. Here are two of the three Comfort Quilts (Note: I did not make these tops.):
I made 25 City Sampler blocks.
I also finished a tiny quilt that SQT group leader, Kathy Tracy designed for National Quilting Day. Except, I made mine yesterday. I will share it in a later post.
Moving on to April!
1. First off is to finish the last QOV top that I have at home. I hope to have this one done this week.
2. I want to make 6 more Sawtooth Star blocks. This feels like a winter quilt to me so I may end up putting it away instead!
3. 25 more City Sampler blocks.
4. 13 4″ paper pieced Log Cabin blocks. Ideally, I would like to have this pieced, quilted, and finished. But I will settle for just having the blocks done.
5. I have a lovely FQ bundle of Betty Dear fabrics given to me by Daughter #1 for Christmas. They just say spring to me! And I have a couple ideas of how I want to use them. First, for my plan to work, I need to find coordinating solids. So for this month, I really just want to get the fabric in hand and pieces cut. This will be a large quilt.
6. Quilt the Metropolitan Fair Churn Dash quilt. I have been putting this on my list forever. It is time to just make a decision on the quilting and get it done already!
That is probably enough for now!