WIP Wednesday

This morning,  it was back to City Sampler blocks!

I am up to 9 now; 91 to go!

A few years back, I bought several 10 inch square sampler packs of solids from Connecting Threads. That is what I am using for these blocks.

As I accumulate small scraps from cutting, I put them here so I can keep them handy for use in future blocks.

I mark each block in the book as I finish with a note as to the colors I used.

At this point, I am not concerning myself with how many of each color I make. I’m just having fun!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let’s Bee Sewcial.

11 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Jayne says:

This is coming along beautifully! Its really going to be amazing!

2. maartjequilt says:

I think it is beautiful already. Love to see it with all blocks finished. The colors are so beautiful together.

3. Cathy says:

Your blocks are turning out so cute. I love the solids!

4. Mari says:

The solids are an inspired choice for this quilt. Looks great so far!

5. knitnkwilt says:

Comes a point in a sampler when I lay them out and see what I need to make next to balance it out, about 2/3 of the way through. I like the arrangement of cool/warm colors in your start.

6. That is going to be stunning!

7. It’s looking really great – love the bright colors.

8. Lois says:

I was *wondering* where you got such a variety of solids. This is going to be FABULOUS!!

9. Cécile says:

…and you’re right !! Have fun !! 🙂

10. Alison Wood says:

I love your blocks, Katy: there is a purity about using the clear solid colours. Keep on with this project, it’s going to be stunning.

11. JanineMarie says:

Ooh, I like this version of City Sampler with the solids! (And that tray is just right to keep those colorful scraps.)