Finish It Up Friday

I finished the binding and took a few photos  of this tiny tumbler quilt just before getting on the plane last week. I love how it turned out!

Since I had the big 30s Carpenter Star quilt loaded on the frame, I quilted this on my domestic machine. Boy, am I out of practice!

A sweet friend cut these tumblers from her stash and sent them to me. She also sent me this lovely print that I used for the border!  I am keeping this little quilt.

Here is a shot at the back.

Looking forward to another lovely day here in Arizona! My time here is flying by all too fast. Happy Friday, everyone!

Linking up with Richard and Tanya QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric Addict, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday

1. Cécile says:

Hey Katy !!
    When I saw for the first time the grey fabric, I had many hesitations….but I was wrong !
    Your quilt is so amazing like this !! You chose the perfect border…..bravo !

2. Frances says:

Lovely fabrics and lovely scrap quilt.

3. Louise says:

Perfect border and love the backing.i really need to dig out my tumbler template! Enjoy the remainder of your time in the Arizona sunshine with your family.

4. Jeanne says:

Love this one, Katy! Great work.

5. Lois says:

You did a great job machine quilting this little quilt. I’m sure it tired your arms rather quickly while doing it. It’s very adorable. The red binding really pops! Enjoy every minute in AZ.

6. Anja says:

What a great finish. Amazing how it started out with small tumblers, and now a wonderful finish.

7. audrey says:

Really beautiful finish! Love the soft yet scrappy palette.:)

8. Terri Ann says:

Great finish, I love your quilting cause even out of practice you’re far more talented at FMQ than I! How big is this quilt, it looked to be a pretty good size until you referred to it as little and then looking at the backing fabric unless that’s a giant print this is a little guy huh?

9. Lu Ann says:

A friend of mine gifted me the template and pattern for this quilt. I have been furiously cutting little tumblers from my reproduction prints. Phew! Time consuming. After seeing yours, though, I had better get going. I love it!

10. Kathy says:

You might not be thrilled with the quilting, but I think it looks spectacular. Enjoy every single minute in Arizona!

11. Lisa says:

I like the fabrics you chose. I hope to some day be able to quilt borders like this, beautiful.

12. Deb says:

It’s gorgeous!!! and the quilting looks just fine to me!