Finish it Up Friday

I have one small finish for the week. A quilt for the grand dog.

IMG_2038
I used a minky type of fabric on the back and no batting.

IMG_2039
I just trimmed the backing and folded it over to make the binding. It was a great chance to try this out.

Now I am trying to finish packing and last minute to dos. Like packing this in my carry on bag.

IMG_2072

This is the weather I woke up to here this morning:

IMG_4099

Yeah, I am so ready!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts.

9 Responses to Finish it Up Friday

1. CΓ©cile says:

Your Featherweights are so pretty and It’s perfect for a trip !! I’ve got a black one !
    Huuuu…it’s still not summer hummm ?
    Have a great journey !

2. Lu Ann says:

You will love it here. It is in the 80’s!!!

3. Lois says:

Minus 15?? Holy Moley, Katy!! You’re going to LOVE Arizona about now! haha I don’t recall seeing your beautiful FW before. It’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Can you please post a photo of the bag you carry it in for travel?

I love the little doggie quilt. Would you mind me asking what size you made your blocks? I love your featherweight , I have a black one. Enjoy your trip. Hugs,

5. Melissa says:

The quilting is amazing! Awesome quilt, hope the granddog enjoys πŸ˜€

6. Dona says:

Your quilting is just beautiful!!

7. Terri says:

Katy is that sewing machine seriously going to be in your carry on? You are just too funny my dear! We must meet in person someday soon πŸ™‚ Have a great trip!

8. Kathy says:

-15? Yikes! I love that you’re taking your FW along with you! Have a wonderful trip!

9. Deb says:

The dog is going to be a happy camper with the cute little quilt. The FW are a great looking machine. Have fun soaking in some warmer weather!!