A bit of quilting…

I finally started quilting the QOV that I had in the frame. I am quilting a simple meander in the very busy border and some gigantic feathers in the large triangles surrounding the center block.

IMG_1919

IMG_1918

IMG_1914

IMG_1915
The white lines you see are chalk guidelines. They will come out in the wash.

All the schools were closed due to the snow. Here is a peak out my back door.

IMG_1904
I enjoyed a cozy warm day inside with this cutie!

IMG_3803
I hope you are cozy and warm where ever you are as well!

Linking up with Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.

This entry was posted in Free Motion Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A bit of quilting…

1. Quiltmouse says:

Lovely quilting job! I’m always puzzled when I get to the instructions “Quilt As Desired.”

2. Great quilting choices. The view out your back door is amazing! We had an inch of snow overnight and through the day it is melting to slippy slush – not pretty!

3. Kathy says:

What a fabulous quilting design you’ve chosen. I’m a little jealous of that snow. We’ve had 1″ so far this winter – 1″. That’s not even enough to measure! 😦

4. sdaurio says:

Your feathers are looking great. I love feathers on QOVs, just seems to add a bit of formality. We had over 13 inches of snow, was great to spend the day in the sewing room!

5. Lois says:

Your feathers are beautiful, Katy! Practice makes perfect, right? And spending the day inside with that doll is just what the doctor ordered. I’m so jealous but I’d be hard pressed to care for a little one of that age with my bad back. I’m going through a particularly painful episode right now and can do very little for the time being.

6. Trudi Gardner says:

Did you use a template for the feathers? I would so like to be able to do this!

7. m t penders says:

beautiful work.. the snow reminds me of snow 4 years ago when i was in Owosso visiting friends. Over the years they had sent me photos of their home at Christmas time, when I was there four years ago it snowed so I saw the REAL thing.

8. Barb in western PA says:

Your feathers look wonderful. I am going to have to learn to do these.