Good Riddance January! Hello February!

January was not a great month for me and I am quite happy to bid it adieu!

Here is a review of my goals for the month:

1. Continue with a Log Cabin block a day. – Well, that didn’t happen! Making an unexpected trip out of state followed by the flu means I haven’t made a single one since the middle of the month. Time to rethink this plan.

IMG_1822

2. Quilt 3 QOVs. ~ On New Year’s Day, I threw the timing out on my long arm. I finally got it fixed on January 12th. I got two QOVs quilted this month and got a third loaded last night. I hope to start it today.

IMG_3674IMG_1806IMG_3769

3. Make 24 sawtooth stars. – I got only 12 done and half of those I did last night!

IMG_3768

4. Finish my Metropolitan Fair Churn Dash quilt. Possibly the top only! – Done! I finished the top but it needs to be quilted. I don’t have a picture of it done but here is a partial pic to refresh my own memory!

IMG_1706

5. Get entries together for two local quilt shows. – Done! I have to drive up north to retrieve quilts from the first show after church today.

6. Make a list of UFOs and plans for the new year. I started working on this and it is a little bit scary! –Done! The list, I mean! I did actually complete a few items on it as well.

7. Finish my “Envelope” quilt top that I started on my trip to Wisconsin in November. This will probably be a small quilt but perfect in case I need a baby gift. –Done! Ready and waiting for a baby girl to present herself.

IMG_9712

I also finished this UFO:

IMG_1842

And started and finished my Graffiti Heart quilt.

IMG_1884

I finally made a tag blankie for Baby E:

IMG_1869

And I made the Small Quilt Talk challenge quilt for January:

IMG_1757

And we are on to February! It is a short month and I am heading west to visit my Arizona kids this month so I need to keep things reasonable here.

1. I would like to quilt 3 QOVs. I have 9 tops currently at my house to be quilted. Yikes!

2. I would like to finish the Metropolitan Fair Churn Dash quilt.

3. I want to get my Goose in the Pond swap blocks finished for my local guild.

4. I would like to make 12 more sawtooth star blocks.

5. I would like to complete the February SQT challenge quilt.

Since I leave in 2 and a half weeks, that it probably plenty! Linking up wth Lily’s Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day.

This entry was posted in Goals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Good Riddance January! Hello February!

1. shecanquilt says:

Your quilts are beautiful! I especially love the heart.

2. Cécile says:

You realized beautiful quilts in January !! Congrats !
    You gave me an idea when I saw your mini quilt with disappears blocks ! With two others friends, we are going to make one each other ! We will begin in march ! Thank you Katy !! :)))

3. Cécile says:

Disappearing blocks ! Grrrr…. My english, I’ m sorry !

4. Karen says:

Lots of lovely quilts. Very pretty QOV quilts. I like your envelope quilt. It is something different.

5. Lois says:

You accomplished a LOT considering your illness and the long arm being out of service as long as it was. I have no doubt you will finish your February list with time to spare.

6. Emmajane says:

Hello! I’ve found you through Lily’s Quilts. Sorry to hear it’s been a difficult January. You’ve still managed to tick off so many projects. I love that Graffiti Heart!

7. Love to see the progress you make with your quilts. Please don’t abandon the log cabin – it’s one of my favourites! I wasn’t ill in January and finished nothing so definitely give yourself a pat on the back for persevering under adverse conditions!
    Hope lots of blessings come your way in February!
    Allison

8. Quiltmouse says:

Really love the QOV quilts you finished! What’s the pattern for the “Envelope” quilt? I like it. Thanks for sharing your January projects!

9. I’d say you did great considering some unplanned obstacles. Love that log cabin… I’ve always admired that layout with lights & darks. So striking! Good luck in February.

10. Nita says:

Oh my goodness, you are one busy lady! Beautiful quilts. I especially love the sweet baby quilt. 🙂

11. Tlb says:

All I can say is you are an amazing lady! I love all of your quilts 🙂 I wish I had your energy and talents 🙂

12. Stephanie says:

I love the prints you’re using for your sawtooth stars … hope February is a better month for you!