January was not a great month for me and I am quite happy to bid it adieu!
Here is a review of my goals for the month:
1. Continue with a Log Cabin block a day. – Well, that didn’t happen! Making an unexpected trip out of state followed by the flu means I haven’t made a single one since the middle of the month. Time to rethink this plan.
2. Quilt 3 QOVs. ~ On New Year’s Day, I threw the timing out on my long arm. I finally got it fixed on January 12th. I got two QOVs quilted this month and got a third loaded last night. I hope to start it today.
3. Make 24 sawtooth stars. – I got only 12 done and half of those I did last night!
4. Finish my Metropolitan Fair Churn Dash quilt. Possibly the top only! – Done! I finished the top but it needs to be quilted. I don’t have a picture of it done but here is a partial pic to refresh my own memory!
5. Get entries together for two local quilt shows. – Done! I have to drive up north to retrieve quilts from the first show after church today.
6. Make a list of UFOs and plans for the new year. I started working on this and it is a little bit scary! –Done! The list, I mean! I did actually complete a few items on it as well.
7. Finish my “Envelope” quilt top that I started on my trip to Wisconsin in November. This will probably be a small quilt but perfect in case I need a baby gift. –Done! Ready and waiting for a baby girl to present herself.
I also finished this UFO:
And started and finished my Graffiti Heart quilt.
I finally made a tag blankie for Baby E:
And I made the Small Quilt Talk challenge quilt for January:
And we are on to February! It is a short month and I am heading west to visit my Arizona kids this month so I need to keep things reasonable here.
1. I would like to quilt 3 QOVs. I have 9 tops currently at my house to be quilted. Yikes!
2. I would like to finish the Metropolitan Fair Churn Dash quilt.
3. I want to get my Goose in the Pond swap blocks finished for my local guild.
4. I would like to make 12 more sawtooth star blocks.
5. I would like to complete the February SQT challenge quilt.
Since I leave in 2 and a half weeks, that it probably plenty! Linking up wth Lily’s Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day.