Road Trip Projects

Mr. Wonderful and I decided to make a quick trip home to visit my parents this weekend. Since he did all the driving, I enjoyed lots of hand stitching time on the way here!

Before I left, I unearthed yet another UFO. Here it is:

2015/01/img_1826.jpg
These bits all came from a charm pack but I didn’t have a great plan when I started and couldn’t figure out where to go from here with the limited pieces I had. I realized that with some ripping and rearranging, I could use every piece and end up with a table runner.

2015/01/img_1827.jpg
As soon as I finished adding the last piece, I wished I had done it differently. I should have had all the light portions of the tumbling blocks pointing outward. It would have looked so much better. Now I need to decide if I rip some more or leave it as is. I hate to throw it back n the UFO bin but I am not sure I like it enough as is to finish it. Ugh.

I also finished the second mitten of the pair that was suppose to be done for a Christmas gift.

2015/01/img_3567.jpg

I cut some more hexies for my Hexie quilt before I left and got the seams marked as well.

We drove part of the way here on Thursday. Here was the sunrise as we drove over the Mackinaw Bridge on Friday morning.

2015/01/img_3565.jpg
Have a lovely Saturday!

PS I so appreciate all your lovely comments and read each and very one, but I find it difficult to respond while I am away rom my desktop computer. Thanks for your understanding.

7 Responses to Road Trip Projects

1. Lee says:

Enjoy your trip and finishing some projects! Great pic of the big Mac 🙂

2. Lois says:

I actually like the lay out just as it is, Katy. What are the dimensions of the star within the little hexie block? They’re just WONDERFUL!

3. Judy D in WA says:

I believe that if you say should I take this out and do this, then you should. If it bothers you, take it apart and do it how you want it. I like it just as it is. I also just turned an I don’t know what I’m going to do with this hexi project into a table runner. 🙂
    Love the mittens! They look cozy.
    Have a great on your trip.

4. Kathy says:

Have a good trip! I like your runner and don’t think it needs to be changed … but that’s me. You need to do what will make you happy with it.

5. Cécile says:

Don’t worry about the comments and have a good weekend !
    Love your table runner !! The fabrics are so cute ! :)))

6. So love the idea for a table runner. ANd grea mittens, too. Are they for you? Have a fun trip.

7. Tlb says:

Love the table runner as is and the mittens are cozy looking. You might just need them in the UP, lol