Work in Progress Wednesday

It is still frigid here in Michigan. The best way to deal with the cold is to stay in and sew! And that is what I am trying to do, other than the day job, of course. I finished the envelope top this week.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2015/01/img_17491.jpg
And then I remembered that I had some swap blocks due at the local quilt meeting this month. I didn’t think I had enough of the right fabrics on hand but I didn’t want to go out in the cold, nor did I want to purchase fabrics for swap blocks. The directions said to use lime green and hot fabrics. Hmmmm….I did have a great lime green. I shopped mt stash and came up with these.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2015/01/img_1750.jpg
I think I have enough to make the required 15 blocks. I would like to make 5 more just to have enough for a bigger quilt. So far, I have one block done.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2015/01/img_1753.jpg
I hope to get another made before work today. Better get moving!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIPWednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let’s Bee Sewcial.

14 Responses to Work in Progress Wednesday

1. Kathy says:

Love your envelope quilt! I’d already committed to going to the Y to walk with my neighbor Lois or I would have stayed in this morning. I definitely don’t plan on going anywhere else with as cold as it is here (I’m sure it’s even colder there) … it’s a stay inside and quilt kind of day for me! 😉

2. Love the envelope quilt! I just finished one as a valentines table runner. Now I just need to catch up on blogging so that I can share it with everyone 🙂

3. Lois says:

What a delightful combination of brights! You go, Girl!!

4. Cécile says:

Love your block !! The colors are tonic ….

5. anudge says:

Very cute envelope quilt. Is it made all from HST. The next block is fabulous – love those fabrics.
    Thanks for sharing.

6. knitnkwilt says:

Great stash diving. The colors in your swap blocks work very well. And you stayed toasty warm.

7. Jess says:

Love the quilt!! So cute 🙂 The colors for your swap blocks are gorgeous!

~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

8. redeemedsheep says:

Great job shopping your stash!!

9. Love the envelope quilt. Never seen that pattern before. X

10. Kay in MA says:

Love the envelope top!! Neat block/fun colors!

11. Bonnie in Va says:

Isn’t it satisfying when you can find what you need in your stash? And, maybe those fabrics aren’t exactly what you mentally pictured but they sure say lime and bright to me. That is a neat block but lots of pieces for a swap block. (Or I’m getting way too lazy in my old age!)

12. Your envelope quilt turned out simply sweet! Love those bright and fun fabrics! I agree with your way to handle the cold….. Sewing while it’s snowing!

13. I love the work in progress that looks cool.

14. Rita Stark says:

These are darling blocks !! Lots of eye appeal. What size did you use to make them? Thanks Rita Stark