Finally some sewing…

We had a lovely Christmas with family. I admit though, that I was ready for some stitching yesterday! Remember this vintage top?

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_14171.jpg
I got it loaded on the frame and started stitching. I kept with the idea of a rather random, wonky grid. If it was perfectly straight, it would have emphasized the far less than perfect piecing. I used a device that locks the wheels on m machine carriage to make a few straight lines and then filled in with freehand lines in between. I didn’t measure anything.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1610.jpg
This is how it looked after doing all the rows in one direction.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1611.jpg
After I did all the lines one way, I took the quilt off the frame, turned it 90 degrees and reloaded it. The I started stitching lines the other way to compete the grid.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1613.jpg
I got the quilting finished and trimmed. Today I hope to get binding made and the machine sewing done. But that will have to wait until after work.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

9 Responses to Finally some sewing…

1. audrey says:

Love this quilt! Your stitching is perfect.:)

2. Cécile says:

Your quilting is so cute (your quilt too!). I don’t have a Long Arm and I think it’s easier to quilt with it ! Great work Katy !
    Good Saturday !

3. Quilting irregular spaced lines was an inspired and sympathetic choice! 🙂

4. Kathy says:

Excellent quilting choice … it won’t detract from the wonderful quilt pattern either.

5. Tlb says:

Love your choice for the quilt!

6. Vicki in MN says:

You made an old quilt look modern-way cool! Even after 10+ years of longarming I still get amazed at the transformation quilting does for a top.

7. Oooooh, I love how you’ve quilted this! It really looks great.

8. Carol says:

Very clever way to cross hatch, I’ll have to remember this one. Beautifully done

9. Judy D in WA says:

Oh Katy, it’s absolutely fabulous! Perfect choice for this quilt.