Finish it up Friday

I finished the 16 patch last night! Prepare for lots of pictures and very few words. I’m tired today! Here goes.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1530.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1538.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1533.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1532.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1531.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1534.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1537.jpg
This quilt passed the snuggle test and eagle eye of my little Quilt Inspector.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1542.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1526.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1527.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/003/5689332/files/2014/12/img_1540.jpg
A few details: I used Cool Grey Glide thread, hobbs 80/20 batting, backing is from Ikea, just over 200,000 stitches. The borders are freehand feathers. I chalked the spine to get started. The quilting in the blocks is all freehand continuous curves. It has not yet been washed.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts, and Richard and Tanya Quilts. Also linking up with Sew Can She for Show Off Saturday.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, HQ Avante. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish it up Friday

It’s gorgeous! Hugs and Merry Christmas! The little guy is super cute too.

2. Maryse says:

Oh wow! It’s very pretty!

3. Wow – such a beautiful quilt – love the continuous curve on the squares – must try that it is so pretty. I can’t believe how many quilts you make!!! The little fella likes it too! Merry CHristmas to you and your family.
    Pauline

perry94022 at hotmail dot com

4. Lois says:

I just love the pics of your little man! Soooo cute! I’ll have you know I laid awake in bed this morning thinking about your freehand continuous curves. I’m not at all sure I can do it but I sure love the look.

5. Dona Allen says:

I love the quilting. Nice job and the backing is really cool. I will need more practice to do the freehand feathers as nice as you. I’m inspired to practice more.

6. Kat says:

Awesome quilting! Love the simple bold design.

7. SarahZ says:

What a gorgeous finish! The quilting is just beautiful!!

8. LoriD says:

The backing is really lovely! The quilt is wonderful and the quilting enhances it beautifully.

9. That is an awesome backing fabric! Well done with all your piecing and quilting, super feathers in the border! Have a wonderful Christmas!

10. Barb Vedder says:

Wow! Love the backing on this quilt from Ikea
    Great quilting designs and I love those Baby photos 🙂

11. tubakk says:

Pretty, and with lovely quilting. Ypu should be very proud of this one.

12. Really like the modern take on the feathers and you needn’t have worried about the curves on the squares – it all looks just great! The ‘quality control’ test looks very thorough too!
    Allison

13. Anja Clyke says:

Beautiful quilt. Love the quilting and the backing.

14. Great finish! But your quilt inspector! Wow – he looks like a tough cookie… it must have been a great quilt to pass his inspections!!!

15. Myintzu says:

Your quilting is beautiful and that backing fabric… oh gorgeous!!!