Finish it up Friday

Last Sunday, I finished quilting the last of the Quilts of Valor that I will complete this year. I have three more tops ready for quilting in January safely tucked away. This one was pieced by another quilter from the Stitching Sisters QOV group.

IMG_9190

IMG_9186 IMG_9185

This panto was a bit of a challenge for me! I couldn’t wrap my head around “writing” the words backwards so I ended up working left to right instead of the usual right to left.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday, Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finish it up Friday

1. Kathy says:

What a beautiful quilt … and the quilting for it is perfect! What a blessing this quilt will be!

2. Great quilt and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the handwriting!

3. Ramona says:

Your quilting is beautiful. The writing is awesome! Thank you for sharing your gifts with those who serve and protect us.

4. Anja says:

Awesome quilt! Love the writing.

5. Lois says:

The quilt itself is a simple but lovely design. I can only imagine trying to write backwards! It turned out glorious on the backside!! Great job, Katy!

6. Mari says:

Beautiful! I am insanely jealous of your skill!

7. katyquilts says:

Haha! Don’t be, I was following a pantograph pattern! Take care, Katy https://katyquilts.wordpress.com/

8. Sheri says:

What a gorgeous finish and the quilting is so fabulous!

9. The idea of writing the words backwards is very creative. I love handwriting but have never tried this before. After seeing your design, I am definitely going to start one.