Slow Stitching Sunday

I hope to get a little slow stitching in today on this stocking I made for Baby E.

IMG_1383.JPG
I want to add some buttons for ornaments on the little tree.

Daughter #3 is making progress on her Christmas project.

IMG_2591.JPG

And I started quilting another Quilt of Valor.

IMG_2565.JPG
I am using this pantograph, generously given to me by another long arm quilter.

IMG_2590.JPG
Normally, Pantographs are stitched from right to left. But I am finding it easier with this one to work left to right.

IMG_2583.JPG
I am pretty. Sure this will be the last one I quilt before Christmas.

We got our trees up and decorated this weekend.

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG
And yes, that is grass you see out those windows! The snow has melted and I am not sorry. It is only a matter of time until we have enough to shovel.

Linking up with Kathy for Slow  Stitching Sunday.

12 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Kathy says:

I love that pantograph! And that stocking … too adorable for words!!! I had planned to put up our tree today, but I think I’m just going to make it a lazy, stitching day instead.

2. Tlb says:

I love your enthusiasm with yet another of our quilts, which again happens to be mine. Another Wartime Veteran is going to feel that love that has gone into this quilt. Your trees are beautiful. I love that you have your larger tree base wrapped in a quilt as it too is well loved. You are a true blessing from God sent to Stitching Sisters to help us honor our Veterans. When we do our next presentation with these quilts that you are doing hopefully you can come and share in the experience as there is no better feeling. Take care and thank you again

3. Deb says:

Love the little tree by the stairs! We have our tree up too – it has become a Thanksgiving evening tradition since that is the time all of us are home to do it. Love your quilting on the QOV. The stocking is very cute.

4. Deanna says:

That is the perfect panto! That is one skinny tree but how right to be tucked away in the space. It just doesn’t seem like Christmas around my house without snow. I think I will wait one more week to decorate and hope some of the white stuff falls!!

5. Lois says:

The cross stitched tree on the little stocking is so adorable! Buttons will be the perfect added touch. I really love your narrow Christmas tree. I’d hope to find one this year but no luck so far. Your large tree is gorgeous!

6. Hi! Thanks for sharing your lovely quilting – do you think it’s easier working left to right because the pattern has writing in it? And your trees look great too. I’ve got as far as thinking to look for the advent angel chimes, the tree will have to wait a week or two.
    Allison

7. Gail says:

Our snow has all melted too. Cute stocking! My nieces are coming for the weekend next week so we will do our decorating with them.

8. Karen in Breezy Point says:

I’m jealous–our snow will not be melting until next May! Love the panto–perfect for a QOV!

9. Lu Ann says:

Your trees look beautiful. I love the red and white quilt under your tree. I, too, use a quilt as a tree skirt. Enjoy your warmer weather. Wish I could send you some. It was 85 here in Phoenix on Thanksgiving and will be in the 70’s for the next few weeks.

10. Mim Sweigart says:

The lovely trees are tugging at my heart. I want so much to see the whole family at Christmas. Since that is highly unlikely doubly enjoy each one and hug them many times over for us! A right now tearful Mom, Grandma and Great Great Grandma.

11. CathieJ says:

I love that stocking. It will look really pretty with the buttons on it. Your trees are very pretty. I really like the ribbon wrapped around them.

12. I love how you used a quilt for a tree skirt!