Throwback Thursday

This is a quilt I made at nearly 20 years ago. It used to hang in our school room when we were homeschooling. I have always liked it. I didn’t use a pattern, just figured each letter out as I went.

IMG_1256.JPG
I machine quilted this with my 1955 Singer 201 with cross hatching in the center and the Baptist Fan pattern in the border. I marked everything before starting the quilting.

I had hubby hang this curtain rod up in my sewing room. I bought cafe rings/clips to make it easy to hang different quilts here. It is working out quite well!

6 Responses to Throwback Thursday

1. Lois says:

What a sweet memory for your family. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Lu Ann says:

I have a singer 201 and love it. Love your quilt that you quilted on it. Did you use free motion on the baptist fans?? Curious if you free motion on that machine.

3. Kathy says:

Love that quilt! And thanks for sharing how you hang it … I’ve got a wall quilt but cannot find a wooden quilt hanger like I want … I could use a curtain rod!

4. Alberta Sue Bennett says:

Love your sweet quilt. Perfect family memories.

5. barbvedder says:

OH I LOVE THIS QUILT! I collect alphabets and the fan quilting is perect

6. Louise says:

Wonderful job! Love the 201’s and 301’s! I am really enjoying your blog…..