Finish it up Friday

My finish for this week was my Bargello quilt. It is made from my hand dyed fabrics. The top was made ages ago and it was time to get this off the UFO pile.

IMG_1008.JPG
It was a really tough quilt to photograph. The colors are intense though not quite as intense as it appears in the above picture. Here is the back.

IMG_1010.JPG
I think the quilting shows a little better in this shot.

IMG_1011.JPG
I am glad it is done even if I am not in love with it. The quilting is not my best but I didn’t love the top enough to pick stitches.

Several of you asked about the Sharon Schamber binding method. Here is a link to a video explaining her method.

I also started quilting the top for the women’s shelter. I hope to finish that this morning and get it dropped off.

IMG_1006.JPG
I used a panto from Urban Elementz called Airborne. I ended up loading it sideways because there was a seam running top to bottom down the back. I also hope to figure out a backing for the red/Aqua top I just finished so I can get that on the frame this weekend.

Better get moving to get all I need to done before work today! Linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday , Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, and Thanks God Its Finished Friday over at Simply Pieced.

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Finish it up Friday

1. Kathy says:

I love your quilting for your Bargello quilt! It really accentuates the design.

2. I really love the affect your piecing gives this quilt and your hand-dyed fabric looks amazing. Thanks for sharing on TGIFF!

3. Donna says:

It looks great, even the back – bright and happy! I started to watch the binding video – that made me afraid to try doing a binding. I’m thinking I will try the Jenny method from MSQ Co. I have a couple of table runners to do this weekend. 😀

4. njquilter24 says:

love the backing fabric as much as I love the quilting you did on this beautiful quilt.
    LOts of machine quilting going on at your house!
    Kathie

5. Pauline Perry says:

I like the rainbow bargello quilt – looks great with the border – calms it down a bit and ‘contains’ the riot of colour. Thanks for the binding video.
    I really like the quilting on the shelter quilt too – what is a panto please? I only do walking foot quilting or hand quilting – hope to pluck up courage soon and try free motion quilting on my domestic machine.
    Pauline

6. Snowcatcher says:

Your hand-dyed fabric is fabulous, and the quilting in your Bargello really makes the quilt.

7. Anja says:

Love the colours in your Bargello. And the print on the back is awesome.

8. Amanda says:

It looks great…and I think you choose a wonderful way to quilt it!