Slow Stitching Sunday

I am looking forward to a bit of slow stitching today. I plan to stitch this label onto this Quilt of Valor and then it will be all ready to go to my state coordinator.

IMG_0907.JPG
I may also do some stitching on this shirting top I got loaded.

IMG_0906.JPG
Hubby and I got my new cabinet home yesterday. I bought this at an estate sale that Daughter #3 was working at. I always wanted a cabinet like this but never had room in my kitchen. I am thrilled to have this one and the side cabinets are a real bonus!

IMG_0905.JPG
Somehow it ended up with three different shades of paint. Eventually I will paint it white. I got it all cleaned up yesterday and removed tons of old, flaking masking tape. I found this note on the inside and decided to leave it.

IMG_0908.JPG
Isn’t that fun? The center section has a roll down door.

IMG_0909.JPG
The shelves each had a very carefully cut piece of old linoleum to fit.

IMG_0899.JPG
It looks great with my vintage enamelware.

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.

10 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. Carla says:

Love, love the shirting top! The cabinet is a great find, and that note made me chuckle. Isn’t it amazing that is has been taped there since 1959! That is almost my whole life time!

2. Kathy says:

That cabinet is awesome! I can’t believe that note has been there since 1959! I can’t wait to see it after you’ve painted it.

3. Lois says:

What a FABULOUS find, Katy!! I didn’t realize the side cabinets were part of the unit. Holy Moley! It’s wonderful (and your porcelain pans look fantastic in it). I’m floored!

4. CathieJ says:

I love that cabinet. It looks great!

5. Chantal says:

You are such a lucky girl to have found such a beautiful treasure! I N V U so much!! It looks like your enamel ware were waiting for this cabinet. Gorgeous! Simply GOOOORRRRGEOUS! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Don’t forget ! Do not split in the middle! LOL Precious.

6. Gladie says:

What a find–And please don’t get rid of the message–it’s a part of it’s history!

7. Judy says:

Great cabinet! Is it in your kitchen or sewing room? Great, either place.

8. Suzanne says:

Wonderful cabinet. I love the little note too. Hope you enjoyed your stitch time.

9. What a great find that cabinet is… love that note!
    Happy Stitching!

10. Kathleen says:

I like all your sewing treasures displayed on top!! Oh how I wish I had space for something like this!