DWMonday

I have had a great time sewing this past weekend. The weather was rainy and it was a perfect time to stay inside and sew. I’ve been trying to come up with a design for a wall quilt using these hand dyed fabrics.

IMG_0775.JPG
I spent some time just playing at the design wall.

IMG_0777.JPG
When I thought it was done, I snapped a picture with my iPad.

IMG_0796.JPG
Then removed the color using a filter.

IMG_0797.JPG
I actually went through this process several times.

When I was satisfied, I picked up each piece in a row starting with the piece on the left and putting the next piece underneath. I clipped my stacks together with these little clips, always placing the clip at the top.

IMG_0798.JPG
It can be tricky to keep things in order and this really helped!
This is the finished top.

IMG_0800.JPG
Time to figure out how to quilt it!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and Stitch by Stitch for Anything Goes Monday.

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Design Wall Monday, Hand Dyed Fabric. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to DWMonday

1. Sue Daurio says:

Wow!! Great colors. I saw the swirls on the home quilting system post, and came looking for more! Can’t wait to see this one done. Seriously those colors are just amazing!!

2. knitnkwilt says:

Such rich and beautiful colors! And I love the arrangement you ended up with. Your organizational method sounds much more compact than mine–I’ll have to try it.

3. The colours of your hand dyed fabrics instantly reminded me of plums – golden plums, black plums and red plums – gorgeous and scrumptious. Can’t wait to see the next post – love your blog.
    Pauline

perry94022 at hotmail dot com

4. jennyqsunshine says:

i really love the look of these hand dyed blocks. I like your organizational method too, I always end up getting something switched around and having to rip a few seams. Did you dye the fabric?

5. I love your end product. You have inspired me to use a pile of hand dyes that I bought about 5 years ago.

6. Jeanne says:

Love those fabrics, Katy!

7. Ruth says:

Lovely result. Great way to handle shading.

8. Anja says:

I love it. Can’t wait to see it finished.

9. Lois says:

How lovely!! I’ll be waiting to see how you quilt it. 🙂

10. Teresa says:

thanks for sharing – that looks great – and the process is cool

11. Judy says: