Border Options

I finished my little 4 patches yesterday and put them all together.

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG
Now I need to decide on a border. Below you can see pictures of some of the fabrics I auditioned.

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG
I am leaning toward the second or last option. I would like to get it bordered and ready for quilting before work today.

Last July, when Mr. Wonderful and I visited his parents in Missouri, my sweet MIL and I visited a few quilt shops. At one, I bought a kit for a quilt. I brought it home and cut out all the pieces and sent it to her. She got it all pieced this past weekend.

IMG_0726.JPG
Isn’t it beautiful? She did such a fabulous job! I can’t wait to quilt this for her. I love you, Mama Mim!

I am linking up with Connie at Free Motion by the River for Linky Tueday.

11 Responses to Border Options

1. Rita S. says:

I like the 2nd option. Since your block are a little darker, this brightens it up.

2. Anja says:

Second option as well. Can’t wait to see the MIL quilt finished.

3. That blue border (the first) really made all the colors pop for me….but whichever you decide I know it will be great!

4. Sue Daurio says:

I really like the blue border, seems to hold all those little tiny squares in ! Love the quilt your mom made, can’t wait to see how you quilt it.

5. njquilter24 says:

I like the last one, lets the blocks/fabrics in the center stand out, they are beautiful so many treasures there!
    Kathie

6. Lois says:

I rather liked the blue border as well. One thing is for sure…whichever you chose, it will be fabulous.

7. Aren’t four patches just the sweetest! This piece is so pretty. And I guess it would depend on what you want to “pop” as to the border. They are all pretty.

8. Judy D in WA says:

I cannot go in right now and sew 4 patches! I want to soooooo bad. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Any border you choose is going to be great!
    Love MIL’s quilt!

9. Zenia says:

Very nice. I like them all but probably #2 best.

10. knitnkwilt says:

I too like the last one. And if I were doing the second one, I’d put a skinny red border first, then the beige. But if you are on schedule, it is already sewn. πŸ™‚

11. bkringel says:

#2 is my favorite. It is a soothing choice and mellows the overall look of the four patch. I love the simplicity of this quilt. It begs to be cuddled up with on the couch.