Slow Stitching Sunday

This is what I am slow stitching this weekend.

IMG_0700.JPG
I put all my supplies in one of my vintage enamel pans so everything is handy while watching movies with the fam.

IMG_0699.JPG
I will finish the last of my pumpkin seed blocks!

I also got a tiny start on a new project. I was inspired by a post by Kathie of Inspired by Antique Quilts on Instagram. She posted a picture of a 4 patch quilt with tiny 1 inch squares. I love little scrappy quilts and couldn’t wait to start my own version. She kindly sent me pictures of hers. Between family and work yesterday, I didn’t have lots of time to spend on this but I did get a few blocks made.

IMG_0706.JPG
I love playing in my scraps!

IMG_0702.JPG
I am using this die for my studio cutter to cut all my little squares.

IMG_0701.JPG

I am linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday.

12 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday

1. njquilter24 says:

love the pumpkin seed blocks. Enjoy making the little quilt! Isn’t it great you can make a quilt from your scrap basket?
    Kathie

2. The pumpkin seeds blocks are so pretty….love the colors. And that enamel bin too 🙂

3. Carla says:

I have some 1.5 inch four patches that someday will go into a quilt. I keep using the tiny bits of scraps left to make them. I love mini’s too! They are great small project when we get bored with our larger projects and I hang them on a wall in my sewing room for inspiration. Looking forward to how the pumpkin seed blocks will come together.

4. Christine says:

Hi Katy! I see you are well organized and have lovely projects! Have a great Sunday!

5. LIsa says:

I like the enamel tray as organizer. I’m looking forward to seeing your mini.

6. Lois says:

I have the 1.5″ go cutter die for the longer scrap pieces. It makes it so much easier as you can well imagine. Just sew sets of two strips together, cut them 1.5″ crosswise, toss them together like confetti and select sets randomly to complete the four patch.

7. Kathy says:

I just love those little four patches! Adorable!

8. Deb says:

Seeing your peels makes me want to make some more! Enjoy your slow stitching.

9. I love playing in the scraps too… so much fun!

10. The enamel pan to keep your handwork organized is brilliant. Thank you for sharing your fabulous idea.

11. CathieJ says:

I love the idea of using the pan to contain your stitching. Your four-patch blocks are great. I am looking forward to seeing both projects finished.

12. Gail says:

You are keeping busy with all of your scrappy projects! Funny how the scraps never get used up…