Finish it up Friday

Having gone a whole week without stitching anything, I was eager to make something yesterday. And I did! My first mug rug:

20140522-222608.jpg
Ignore the sorry binding job, I couldn’t find a walking foot. My choice of what to make was limited by what I could find in this mess! I found a bin with these bright scraps so that is what I worked with. I realize this is not a huge finish but given the flood, it feels like an accomplishment nonetheless.

Here is my current sewing set up:

20140522-222722.jpg
My Featherweight in its card table:

20140522-222807.jpg
And I just need to swivel around in my chair to reach my ironing set up with my vintage Singer travel iron.

20140522-222851.jpg
It works! I also got some more churn dash blocks made.

20140522-222934.jpg
Just goes to show, you don’t need a fancy room to quilt in!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Georgia Girl Quilts for TGIFF,  and Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday.

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Finish it up Friday

1. Lynn says:

Cute mug rug Katy. And I agree about the not needing a flash or large space to quilt in – just as well as mine often gets quite chaotic, but there’s always the kitchen table at a pinch!

2. RedSetter says:

It’s lovely to see the old Singer’s still ploughing on manfully after all these years. I love the little mug rug but couldn’t even contemplate using it for a mug as I’d be homicidal if all my hard work got marked with coffee stains!

3. Kelly says:

I love your mug rug!

4. Judy says:

Love your churn dash blocks. I think it is interesting that, in times of stress, we turn to sewing to relieve it. I always say “sewing soothes my soul”.

5. Sarah says:

Your mug rug is adorable and I LOVE your vintage iron! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF this week!

6. Donna says:

YAY! Your mug rug is so lovely; and I like your turn dash blocks. I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend, and a little sewing; in between yard work, washing windows and repairing screens 😀

7. Lois says:

The Churn Dash blocks are coming together nicely, Katy! I was just thinking the same thing that RedSetter wrote. I would hate to spill something on the mug rugs after all the effort of making a set. I just LOVE everything about the vintage Feather Weight. I’m piecing my next quilt with one. Have a great weekend.

Very cute! You have made a nice workable space for the moment. Good for you. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs,

9. Pauline Perry says:

I am so pleased to see a sewing room that looks somewhat like mine!! I have piles of stuff and bags of stuff all over too! Shelves of stuff too! A space big enough to swivel from machine to iron and your done! Great. thanks so much for sharing – whenever I see all the beautiful sewing rooms with floor space and fabric all stored in beautiful stacks in tidy cabinets etc it makes me feel really bad – so seeing yours has made me feel great!!

10. Pingback: HSTeria Top | KatyQuilts