That suns up most of my sewing yesterday! First, I finished this tag blankie for Baby L.
I didn’t think I had a good enough variety of ribbons but when I went through my trim stash, I found lots of interesting bits! Most of the items had polyester in them so before sewed them into the blanket, I used a lighter to melt the ends. This will keep them from fraying and pulling out. I am pretty happy with how this turned out.
I also started an embroidery project for the grandsons.
First, I downloaded a free embroidery design pack from a web site that sells machine embroidery designs. I like to use sticky back stabilizer for hooping. I just stick it to the back of the hoop and then just lay my fabric on top. Easy peasy.
Then fabric is placed to cover the stitching and block 2 is stitched. (This picture is from the “oval” page and the next shots are from the heart page. I got distracted in the process of taking pics. Not terribly surprising!)
I use a drop of fray check at the beginning and end of jump stitches and then trim. I have two hoops this size so while one hoop was in the machine, I was removing the finished piece from the other and preparing the next piece.
Not gonna lie, this is a lot slower process than it looks! I have a couple more pages to do and then the covers and assembly.
I did get 5 more blocks for my Paisley album quilt done as well.
Daughter #1 was not feeling well so our quilt date got moved to later in the week.
Linking up with Connie at Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.