Finish it up Friday!

I finished the binding on my PMSing Farmer’s Wife and took a few pictures in the snow.

20140109-205301.jpg

20140109-205312.jpg
I also finished the Tree Everlasting top.

20140109-205358.jpg
I need to get a backing ready and get it loaded into the frame. I was so excited to quilt this but I think now that it is almost time, I have stage fright. I have been watching YouTube videos on feathers. I also have a panto with feathers and stars that would perfectly fit in these columns. That feels like cheating but I want it done well if I am going to give it away as a Quilt of Valor. Here is the panto:

20140109-210612.jpg
It is called Starstruck and it if from Meadowlyon Designs. I plan to do continuous curves in the triangles and possibly cross hatching in the red columns. Decisions, decisions!

I am linkng up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for:

I am also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.

Also linking up with Val’s Quilting Studio for Tuesday’s Archives.

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finish it up Friday!

1. Kathy says:

Your Farmer’s Wife is beautiful – love the staging! And I cannot wait to see how you quilt the Tree Everlasting!

2. CJ says:

I love your Farmer’s Wife, perfect colors… and it look so fantastic out there in the snow!

3. There is NO HARM using the panto. If nothing else, it will reinforce muscle memory for you on creating those feathers. Think of it as an ice skater practicing old fashioned figures. The figures done over and over allowed them the fluidity needed for choreographed pieces.

How large is the tree everlasting? I see you use the AccuQuilt regularly. Do you use it for all your work? Can you post about advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks.

4. I love your farmers wife , it is gorgeous. I have one started and languishing in a box because I hated piecing them and they aren’t perfect. I need to get them out. I want to encouraged you on making the fmq feathers. They are fun and easy!! I.love.them. They are some of my best work! I like the hook feathers the best. Just jump in to the deep end with both feet, you will love it!!!

5. Your Farmer’s Wife quilt is so beautiful!!!

I love your Farmers Wife, it is gorgeous. I think your red and white quilt is beautiful too. The quilting design you showed will look great. I love the snow pictures.

7. Ann says:

That’s really beautiful. I even checked the farmer’s wife sample book out of the library after seeing your posts!

8. Your quilt turned out great!

9. Fran says:

Your farmer’s wife is perfect! What lovely photos.

10. Your Farmer’s Wife is just stunning! That pantograph looks perfect. If only I could use them properly. (I never could color in the lines. 😉 )

11. Sara says:

Now I gotta ask why it is the PMSing quilt!!! LOL

It is beyond words drop dead gorgeous btw!

12. katyquilts says:

Thanks, Vicki! I went with the panto on this one, it just fit too perfectly. However, I am planning to get brave and throw some tops together to just practice feathers. I LOVE them, just haven’t been happy with my own lately. I wasn’t happy with all my FW blocks either and I do not like my quilting on this quilt but from a distance, I love it. So get yours out! I want to see it! LOL

Take care, Katy

13. Kate says:

Your Farmer’s Wife sampler turned out beautifully!

14. How did I miss this one!!! Welllll good thing you rejuvinated it under our Sampler theme!! I LOVE your colors esp. against the snow! Thumbs up!

15. Vivian says:

Beautiful Farmer’s Wife quilt and love the snow shots! That setting really shows off the bocks well.

16. Isn’t it wonderful to rejuvenate such a wonderful quilt!! I love your Farmers Wife setting and color choices. Thanks for sharing at T.A…..not many F.W. quilts this week.