Ta daaaa! A finish!

You knew I couldn’t wait! This is the Abundance quilt from Lori’s quilt along at Humble Quilts.  I actually finished this Tuesday morning. I loved how it was turning out and couldn’t wait. She posted the directions for step 2 here.

The quilting is a random grid that I like to use. No marking ahead of time, I just start in the middle and go for it. I do all the rows going one way, turn it 90 degrees and then do all the rows going the other way. I like the slightly wonky look it gives. I actually used a yellow thread for the quilting and I really love the way it softened the look of the quilt.
20130124-071350.jpg

20130124-071629.jpg

20130124-071701.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing how everyone else interpreted this little design.

This is my third finish in as many weeks. Granted this is a small one but I sure hope I can keep this pace going through the rest of the year!

Until next time….

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Machine quilting, Miniature. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Ta daaaa! A finish!

1. Good blue for the center section.

2. Kim says:

How sweet. Nicely done.

Happy Sewing

3. Jeanne says:

It looks great, Katy! I love seeing all the variations of Lori’s quilt.

4. LoriD says:

Oh my gosh! I love it!! The grid quilting makes it very unique and that is always good!

5. What a sweet finish!! Really like your colors.

6. Janet O. says:

Very nice–and I love the way you chose to quilt it!

7. Pat says:

What a sweet little quilt. I love your fabric choices for this.

8. marian says:

Katy, i love your Abundance quilt..looks fabulous!! i’m impressed with all you lovely little quilts, you’ve been very busy!! Thanks also for visiting my blog 🙂 cheers…Marian

9. Cheryl says:

Love your version of Lori’s Simple Abundance! Great finish.