I finished the quilt for my great nephew. I am pleased with how it turned out. I hope my niece is too!
These quilts are a lot of work. They just are. They look simple and straightforward, but this represents almost 20 hours of work, not including shopping for supplies. My niece brought me 30 shirts and I did my best to use every printed part from both the fronts and the backs.
Many of these were regular t-shirts. Some were dri-fit shirts. I quilted with a large meander over the whole thing. I went right over the logos, but I went slowly, used a size 18 needle, and a big of Sewer’s Aid on the thread cone.
And then there was this jersey! I had to think for a while how to work this in.
Here you can see the backing fabric that I chose. I used the same fabric for the binding.
This turned out a whopping 85 inches square! I used a poly batting, but it is still plenty heavy.
Graduation is a few months away yet, but I’m glad I have this done!
Have a great day!