Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Pyramids

The hand quilting on the vintage top is coming along nicely. It is fairly small, just 45 by 70 inches.

I didn’t want to have to mark anything, so I decided to just quilt straight lines by eye. This means there is some wonkiness built in! Here is a look at the back.

Have a happy Sunday!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Pyramids

1. Kathi says:

I love love love how you are quilting this one Katy! Thanks for sharing BOTH sides too 🙂
    Kathi

2. Gail says:

Your stitches are so even and perfect for this quilt!

3. Jan Smith says:

Freehand is perfect for this vintage top! Your stitching is so nice, and you certainly move along at a good clip!

4. Anne Ida says:

You’ve made lots of progress on this one – love how you’re quilting it.

5. Sharon says:

You are doing a great job quilting straight lines by eye! It’s wonderful that you are finishing these vintage tops, and by hand, just like it would have been done years ago.

I see no wonkiness at all! The close-up really showcases you even stitching. Fabulous!

7. Deb says:

Beautiful quilt and beautiful stitches.

8. I agree with everybody above! 🔝

9. Nancy says:

I like to quilt without marking, too. I think your quilting looks great on this quilt. I especially like the green fabric you’ve used.

10. quiltipatti says:

i salute your dedication to quilting these antique quilts so they can be used. you are doing a wonderful job and your quilting is beautiful. plus your fast! thanks for sharing. patti in florida

11. Deanna Weiler says:

Good to see a vintage one getting finished…Someone somewhere will be happy their work is finally getting completed.