Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Fence Rail

Another big finish today!  You may remember that I started piecing these blocks as a leader/ended project soon after I arrived in Arizona last fall. When I ran out of scraps, blog reader Ila kindly sent me a box of generously sized scraps so I could finish.

I love quilting a Baptist Fans on scrappy quilts! I finished the binding in the car while hubby, Daughter #2 and I were traveling. They were game to help me take some pictures along the way.

She captured this shot of hubby and me.

It was rather windy and our attempts at a full shot resulted in some pretty funny moments!

When we got to my parents house, I found the perfect solution. I climbed my dad’s ham radio tower! My sister and I used to do this all the time so we could lay out on the roof to get a tan. Lol!

That worked!

And here it is on my bed after washing. I love this one!

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsBusy Hands QuiltsCharly and Ben’s Crafty Corner

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Fence Rail

1. Kathi says:

Just totally in love with this finish and how it looks on you and hubby in that shot.. as well as on your bed! Congrats on a wonderful and welcoming looking finish 🙂 Kathi

2. Therese Penders says:

I LOVE real quilts…. modern, arty things just aren’t quilts…… I like quilts to be useful, Like the one you and your husband were cuddling in….. perfect, that is what a quilt is for…..

3. Paula says:

Love this quilt! How do you do your baptist fan? Do you have a pattern board?

4. Kathy D says:

LOVE this quilt, and the baptist fan quilting gives it such wonderful texture – a real treat for the eyes

5. Ariane says:

What a beautiful quilt!! I love the scrappy design and the quilting just makes it look amazing!!

6. JennyM says:

Great quilt. You have inspired me to make one of my own and it is over half done. I love the Baptist Fan quilting. I doubt I can do that on my home machine but may have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

It’s gorgeous! It looks like you all were having fun getting the pictures. Hugs,

8. This turned out beautiful. The size is great for two.

9. Val W says:

That quilt is well-traveled and well loved already. What a lovely quilt.

10. Loris Mills says:

Gorgeous! The scraps are wonderful and you are right. Baptist Fans are the best 🙂 Enjoy! and thanks for the fun pictures!

11. PattiP says:

I agree the best use of this beautiful quilt is wrapped around you!

12. Paula says:

This is a great quilt! I love the effect on the quilting of the light coming in through the window. Thanks for being so great about sharing your projects. You’re always an inspiration to me.

13. Janet O. says:

A great finish, and I love that you and hubby got wrapped up in your work. : )
    Looks good on your bed, too.

Oh, it’s wonderful, Katy! I especially love the look after washing! I can just imagine you and your sister climbing that tower in order to lay on the roof top. haha

15. Susan says:

Such a warm and cozy looking quilt and it looks fantastic on the bed! Nice work!

16. Ruth says:

Great photos! I really like your quilting choice – looks brilliant! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF

17. anudge says:

Great use of scraps! Love it.

18. Amy says:

Katy…you are absolutely amazing!!! Your quilts are so beautifully done. Thanks for taking the time to share, you’ve inspired me to make my own leader/ender!

19. Beautiful quilt and beautiful scenes to enjoy.

20. I love your quilt – I’m a huge fan of scrap quilts! And I love that you’re so crazy about it that you took so many pictures of it! The most important thing about a quilt is that you love it.

21. LOVE this quilt AND the quilting! That is the cutest picture of you and hubby, what a great idea. We hardly ever get to see the guys. Great way to show off the quilt. 🙂

22. Cindy Nelson says:

What’s this quilt hand quilted or machine quilted. did you use a stencil or was it a computerized program? What is the skinny on this beautiful design you did?

23. Cindy says:

Is the size of rail fence 2×3 1/2?